The Division of Environmental Assistance and Customer Service (DEACS) is an agency within the NC Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ) whose mission is to protect and improve North Carolina’s environment and economy through:
- Providing customer-focused assistance,
- Facilitating a greater understanding of environmental permitting and compliance,
- Encouraging wider adoption of sustainable practices,
- Promoting increased recycling and reduced waste disposal and,
- Reducing impacts from resource consumption.
To more effectively and quickly serve the citizens of North Carolina, the Division of Environmental Assistance and Customer Service has staff located in its central office (Raleigh) as well as designated staff for the seven regional offices across the state. The toll free number for the office in Raleigh is 1-877-623-6748.
DEACS’s Environmental Assistance Center in NCDEQ’s Washington Regional Office serves citizens and businesses in Pitt County as well as other northeastern counties of North Carolina. The number for the coordinator is 252-948-3842.
Services in the Washington Regional Office:
- Offers a single point of contact, as a customer service liaison, to address customer service issues, complaints and information requests (e.g., obtaining information relative to existing NCDEQ permits).
- Provides assistance to obtain necessary permits;
- Coordinates pre-application meetings with appropriate local, state and federal agency officials to outline potential permits, processes, timelines and expectations; and
- Assists customers in obtaining the answers to regulatory questions, explains permit and regulatory requirements; receives and ensures resolution of environmental complaints and issues.
Further information can be obtained from the division’s website at www.ncenvironmentalassistance.org.